View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:44 PM 12-27-2017
Originally Posted by pintsize:
I have a 14 month old that wont nap in a pac n play. At her old daycare she slept in a bouncer every single time she was tired. She napped from 9-9:30 and 12:30-2 or 2:30. They bounced the bouncer constantly to keep her asleep. At home her mom says they just lay her down with her blanket and paci, and take the blanket away after shes asleep. Ive tried a nap mat so i could sit by her and rub her back and I've tried putting her in the pack n play in our playroom. when i leave her in the living room she just screams (happy screams) and wakes up the kids. When i put her in the playroom she screams mad tired screams and wont lay down. Help! Thanks.
Why do her parents take the blanket after she is asleep?
After 12 months blankets are deemed acceptable.

Regardless, I'd use a wearable blanket or a sleep sack and just put her down for nap at nap time. Ideally, away from others so she doesn't disturb them.

I'd let her be... let her talk, chit-chat to herself...whatever. She clearly needs to teach herself how to fall asleep as she hasn't been taught that just yet.

I'd also consider asking mom/dad to video the "routine" of just putting her down at bedtime so easy peasy.... I'd say I want to make sure I am doing things as closely as they do at home since they have such good luck with whatever it is they are doing.....

My experience however, has taught me that what ever a parent "says" they do at home is RARELY, if ever, what they actually do and most parents aren't lying so much as they are just seeing things differently than we do.

I would not put her in front of a TV. If she requires or likes the background noise there are so many other ways for you to provide that. Fans, white noise machines, audio books, music etc... At her age, she really shouldn't be exposed to TV in conjunction with sleep at all.

I understand where previous poster is coming from with that advice but to me, that's just replacing one bad habit with another.