View Single Post
hsdcmama 10:10 AM 11-14-2014
I'm trying to find a way to get dcm to understand that PT here is stressing her son out & that he feels guilty and ashamed when he pees/poops his pants, without her being able to turn it around on me and saying I must be doing something "bad" or "wrong" with him for him to be feeling that way. I have tried everything they have suggested, from putting him in underwear (NEVER happening again until he is completely trained), asking/making him go, using a sticker chart, etc. How do I get them to understand that NOTHING is going to make him "more ready" for PT? Idk why or how they think I can force him to recognize the urge to go; it's just not going to happen. I don't know what they're doing at home, but I can bet THEY are not asking/forcing him to go every couple hours, putting him in underwear, or any of that. I just can't be responsible for it anymore, and I need to find a way to word it so it can't come back on me, and also so it doesn't come across as arrogant or condescending to the parents.