View Single Post
Heidi 02:40 PM 09-16-2015
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I did the same search. I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt. I remember how horribly worded some of those things can be.

Back in the day I had one that said "toxic chemical in reach of children". I was mortified, convinced I'd lose all my clients because of the terror mongering language of the citation.

Truth: I answered the door with a wet baby in my arms, fresh out of the tub after a "blowout". Water still draining. On the ledge of the tub was still the bottles of Johnson's head to toe and baby oil. I had no potty trainers enrolled at the time, infants only.

Baby oil is considered a toxic chemical. I did not know that until I saw the citation. Drama citations happen.
My sis' first citation (she's had 2 in 22 years), was "failure to report the death or injury of a child"

Kiddo boinked head playing, sis kept an eye on him, mom came shortly afterwards (it happened after nap). Told mom, said he was acting fine, but mom said "well, I'll just take him by the doc's on the way home and see what he thinks". Doc said "no problem..nothing to do..he's fine".

Because mom sought "medical advice", even though the medical advice was "nothing's wrong", she SHOULD have sent in an injury report (we only report injuries that required a doctor's advice, others are just logged).

My sister accidently "self reported" this when her licenser came by a few weeks later, and they cited her. Ok, whatever, but this was when parents still had to call licensing to check records, and they would NOT give details. Only the citation. So...failure to report the death or injury of a child!

Luckily for her, no one ever actually called to check her record, apparently.