View Single Post
ConcernedMotherof2 05:12 PM 08-27-2009
This is one of the reasons I REALLY don't miss the days just after diapers went out the window. I've had many soiled pairs of underpants sent home with my children in plastic bags, but was never told it was the law that it be handled this way.

I saw this stage as part of potty training. Once you make the transition to cloth underpants vs. diapers or pull-ups, kids have accidents. (my daughter had WAY more than her share) Instead of approaching this at an angle of your provider is doing something irritating, it may be more constructive to communicate with them on what you can do to keep your daughter from having these accidents.

I don't know how old she is, but she's obviously old enough to be potty trained and this is what I had to do with my daughter... First, I was lucky enough to have some very understanding and experienced providers during this time and they were able to give me guidance. The communication was essential, as this point in a child's life can be difficult. I had my daughter wash her own panties out (with supervision, of course). She didn't do a very good job, but she was able to get an idea of what a mess she was making and she eventually quit making the mess. Of course, thorough hand washing after she was done was essential.