View Single Post
CalCare 04:51 PM 03-27-2016
I think I would do pictures of activities that really show an certain area of development and then label it that way. For example take a picture of child building with blocks and say something like "Building with blocks promotes Cognitive development. Children develop thinking, problem solving, and they hypothesize and test out ideas plating with blocks."

And as a previous post, better if it's not all one child (your son). You could avoid it by not showing his face. Have his back turned and he is building, show only his hands mushed in playdoh, etc. You can put all the areas of development pics on the "about" page.

Also, "babysat" is used to describe the staff's previous experience with children. Better to just say "cared for" "provided child care for" "worked with children" etc. "Babysat" doesn't sound professional. Maybe write the philosophy very clearly, ex: "At Darling Ducklings, we believe that..... Because of that, we plan our days.... The children's days are filled with.... " And place that information under the actual heading "PHILOSOPHY" .

When you describe your bio (Ashley), I don't think you should say "OUR family... "etc. I think it should be written third person, "Ashley ... is a mother and child provider. She has worked with young children for ... years..." etc. Very professionally explain your education and experience. Same for Sue and your husband.

I guess the main thing I feel from the website is that I don't know how you are with the kids. Maybe if you could explain for guidance methods/ philosophy/policy and the types of activities you would typically provide, etc...

I disagree with some others that the place seems to lived in because, to me, that's how an fcc is going to be. The backyard is going to be your real space. Make a big deal about it. Make various areas in it. Put a shade in one area, a table, chairs with art supplies in an area, a sand and water table in there (all developmental areas: physical, creative, etc)...

Just a few ideas. In honesty I don't think your website has actual problems. These are just thoughts on how to look like you are a professional and look more appealing.