View Single Post
pintsize 12:45 PM 03-07-2018
3 is definitely to young. my 3 month old wont be getting one until he's at least 4. Kidding, only kidding. But my other kids do have phones. They are 7 and 10.

10 year old is in sports year around where he's dropped off and picked up for practices, mom doesn't always hang around anymore, he walks to grandmas after school and is sometimes there home alone for an hour, and sleeps over at friends houses once or twice a month. He also uses it to play games and watch youtube. I have an app that tracks everything he does as well as his location so I can see when he gets to my moms after school, every time he opens an app, sends a text, makes a phone call, searches something on google I know about it. the app also limits him (youtube only works for 60 minutes a day, nothing works except the clock past 8pm etc.)

My 7 year old only got one because we were driving 24 hours each way to Disney and I wanted him to be quiet and the phone was cheaper than a tablet. His phone no longer has service, he's not allowed to take it to school or anywhere and it has the same limitiations that his brothers phone does as far as not being allowed to sit there an watch wwe wrestling videos on youtube all day long!