View Single Post
storybookending 03:02 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My experience is 50-50 both ways.

Some want their kids to be older NOW
Some want their kids to be babies FOREVER

I haven't really noticed any correlation as to what type of parent/family wants either or but it definitely seems to be one extreme or the other and rarely anything in between.

Balance (in almost all areas of life) is something I think most people lack now days.
Have you noticed if there was a correlation with birth order? I have one child, 3rd child, completely unplanned, two older siblings were both school age when she got pregnant. Mom babies this child so much and just laughs it off saying “I know all these issues are completely on me”.. “I never allowed this with the first two” etc. She carries him into the house every day, never puts shoes on him just carries them along. He’ll come in carrying 2-3 nuks every day when I’ve had him off them here completely for over a year. Mom herself admits laziness and she’s so disorganized but I feel like she wasn’t always this way but I was also not her care provider when the older two were younger but I did know them.

Another family that I casually care for same situation except older kids were even older than the first family. That child is thee most babied child I’ve EVER met.