View Single Post
Christina72684 06:31 PM 10-20-2011
So my assistant is basically my sister-in-law (she's my husband's brother's girlfriend and they have a 2yr old together and been dating for 5 years). My mother (we co-own the DC) and I hired her 2 months ago and she works about 30 hours a week. She's a really good worker most of the time. She does text quite a bit, but we don't say anything bc she does just about all of the diaper changes and takes care of the 3 month old boy that can be a pain sometimes.

Well my mom needs to work less bc she has another PT job, and I am sick of working 6a-6p every day, so we decided to hire another person just a couple days a week, 5 hours a day. She said her cousin needed about that many hours, so we hired her. She's worked 4 days now, and 2 of those days my mom hasn't been here, so it's been the 3 of us. Both times (today was one of them) the two of them have slacked off, sat around talking, texted a lot, while I do the majority of the work. Today I was washing dishes and boiling bottles while one of them fed a 3 month old and the cousin held my 7 month old daughter, which never needs held bc she's very independent. The whole time they're laughing and goofing off while two of our 1yr olds kept coming in the kitchen bothering me. They both went outside to get the kids off the bus, even though I told them we don't even need to go out there, all we have to do is open the door and watch for them. They both smoke and instead of taking turns and one staying inside to help me, they both go out to the garage together.

I was slightly annoyed today and told my mom about it. She knows what I'm talking about from what she's seen, but they act a little better when my mom's around. What really set me over the edge tonight was when my husband told me that his sister texted him today wondering why I'm talking bad about her. He asked how she knew that and she said my assistant told her. Apparently today while I was feeding all the kids and she was rocking a kid, which was unneeded, they were texting each other and she was ratting me out. I've made a few little comments here and there about my sister-in-law, but never thought that my assistant would go and tell her. My husband says I can't do anything about it b/c he wasn't supposed to say anything, but really if I do anything at all I can always go back on the way they were slacking off today instead of just what she did.

Sorry if this is completely confusing and basically pointless, but I have NO ONE else to vent to and am really upset/hurt/pissed off. I should have known better because this is the SECOND time she's done it to me. Tomorrow I'm not gonna work hardly at all, and told them that we don't need the cousin to work, it'll be just my mom and my sort-of sister-in-law. I don't know if I want the cousin to work anymore at all really.

It's stressful enough owning and running a business with my mom, I guess I should have known better than to hire other "relatives".