View Single Post
Zoe 09:06 AM 12-19-2011
Yes, this absolutely is my career and I love it so much. The problem I'm running into is that I had wanted to be an elementary teacher since I was 5 years old. It was my dream. But after 5 years of going nowhere, finances and whatnot forced me to reevaluate my priorities for my family. I started daycare and never looked back. I actually love daycare MORE than being a teacher and I don't consider my education a waste at all. I use it every day! I'm still a teacher, I just cater to a younger crowd!

Parts of my family have questioned when I will be going back, giving hints of teacher openings, mentioning that my license will be expiring soon...it bugs me, but when they see my face light up as I tell them about a fun trip we went on, or an achievement of a child, it helps them to see just how happy I am and how seriously I treat my business.

And for those who look down on what I do....psssshhhhh. Whatever. I am providing for my family, I get to be home with my kids, and I love what I'm doing. Who can say the same??! Not a lot of those who look down on me, that's for sure.