View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 02:51 PM 01-01-2013
I would offer the parents the choice. I'd say "Hey, my kids are sick with the flu and it's your choice to bring them or not but if your kids come down with symptoms for exclusion then they have to stay home until they have no more symptoms. It's up to you."

I've done this before too when my 2 kids got sick with HFM (well my DS had it and I kept my DD home just make sure she didn't pass it to her classmates just in case they had younger siblings) but my DS was only 1 so my DH stayed home from work to watch the kids upstairs and I stayed downstairs at all time for a week.

You don't have to take as many precautions with the flu as HFM but if you did decide to stay open I'd make sure that your kids understood and were able to stay in their room until they get over it. They will also need their own bathroom. You should wash your hands all of the time, give your DCK's meals in their rooms, go back and pick up that plates later, wash them and your hands thoroughly, don't go in their room, etc. Pretty much take every precaution you can to not make contact with them.