View Single Post
Michael 04:17 PM 01-08-2013
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:
I got one, in 1997. Two weeks later, I was completely blind in my right eye. It is suspected that the flu shot kick-started an autoimmune illness in my body that attacks my eyes and my brain. Until the flu shot, I had perfect vision in both eyes, and had never had a serious medical illness.

Since the flu shot, I have lost my vision in one eye, almost lost it in the other, had a brain tumor, developed arthritis, and have psoriasis. I am only 37...I should not have this many illnesses!

Any time that I have been approached by a medical doctor to get the flu shot (due to pregnancy, suppressed immune system, line of work, etc.) once I tell them my story, the standard response is "Never mind. We have drugs to fight against the flu."

I am nervous this year...but I will never introduce that drug into my body, or my childrens' bodies, ever again.
wow, that's an unreal experience.

I lost my sister from an allergic reaction to penicillin. It was before I was born. I have been very cautious about injecting anything into my body. I needed stitches when I was 15 and was given a tetanus shot which I was allergic to. I guess some people can handle shots better then others. I'm not one of them.