View Single Post
ksmith 02:47 PM 03-23-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:
I think anytime you limit the age groups you care for the harder it is to find spots- espesually when its for a small period of time like preschool depending on what you consider preschoolers; some people say preschoolers are 2-5 years old, some say 3-5 year olds some people do preschool programs that are for 2 years some only do it for 1 year- it may also depend on the age of the child when they start and what age your state says is okay to start preschool (last I heard here in CA kids need to be 5 years old by September 1st). At the home daycare I used to work at she would let some of the not yet potty trained kids (2 year olds) sit in during preschool time if they no longer took morning naps with the infants.
I'm still debating on ages, but I'm thinking 2.5 until they start Kindergarten. Depending on the cut off to start school, that would be my cut-off for the oldest I would take. As far as hours I think I would offer both the normal preschool hours as well as the normal daycare hours. That way I can cater to both types of families, those looking just for preschool, or those working parents that need both. I am a bit worried about limiting my age groups, but ultimately that is what I want to work with.