View Single Post
Babyluver21 08:26 AM 01-25-2014
Originally Posted by Needavacanow:
So DCD just came in and told me that another DCM had called him/his wife last night to complain about me. He wasn't sure of exact complaints, something along the lines of no communication on my part.
This mom was just here until she could get her boy into sisters daycare, started Dec, leaving at end of month. She's the first one here in the morning and always comes a couple of minutes after closing. I have missed countless sporting events of DS because of this (when you have to leave at 445, you have to leave, you ladies know how it is) so family has taken off without me.
So last night she texts that she's going to be late and ends of showing up almost an hour late. I didn't see her as her husband showed up at the same time and came in to get DCB. He mumbled something about "going to have a talk with his wife, she called me.." Whatever. So I ran to car, had to wait for her to move and left.
This morning she apologized and I was of course pretty blunt about all the lates and missing my class last night, and I 'accidentally' insinuated I only have to deal with this crap for one more week, I'm bad for verbal diarreah.
DCM came to pick up a little early today, I faked good spirits, DCB so funny today blah blah blah. And then other DCD told me about phone call last night and I'm beyond shocked. I can't wrap my head around why she'd feel the need to trash me to long term clients because she was late.
So what should I do? Is there liability issues by immediate termination or by waiting out the week. And I should add that she did try calling another DCP but she never accepted the call, thank god I only gave her two reference numbers.
I would term!!! Her badmouthing you to other parents is unacceptable, especially considering that your other clients have been very happy and her only reason she's not is because you brought up the late policy. Maybe you told her off a little bit when you said "I only have to deal with latness one more week " (or whatever the actual verbiage is) but honestly, you DON'T have to deal with it AT ALL. She clearly does not respect you and honestly, kinda looks like she's trying to draw in your other parents to her sister's child care.