View Single Post
CraftyMom 06:56 AM 02-14-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
For me I have a set FT rate that covers 4 or 5 days per week and up to 50 hours a day. All FT clients pay this fee no matter what their schedule is and whether they attend or not. If one client is FT and comes 4 days from 8-5 and another client comes 5 days from 7-5 they each have to follow their schedules and pay their rate. No dropping off early or picking up late unless they want to pay.

My PT clients each pay based on how many hours they need and how many days per week. They also have contracted hours and pay the same rate each week. I'm not opened based onmy business hours, I'm opened based on my clients scheduled hours. That's how scheduled hours work.
I love the idea of contracted hours. I think this would help in the area of not knowing when to expect parents which is annoying. If they know there will be a late fee they are more likely to come at the right time.

For example this parent who comes at 3:40 every day occasionally doesn't come until 4:10 or later when I have the child ready and waiting. A simple text would go a long way. I never say anything because it's within my hours of operation but I don't like it. This is just one instance, other parents do the same and it seems to be getting worse, probably because I allow it.

How do I go about putting this in action?

Has anybody ever said anything about paying the same as someone who is there more hours?