View Single Post
momma2girls 06:28 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by newmommy:
My dd started daycare yesterday and has been crying almost nonstop for both days. She'll stop for a few 5-15 minute clips or to take a 30-minute nap, but other than that it's nonstop crying. She's not been colicky the whole 12 weeks we've been at home.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything I or my care provider can do to help her adjust better? Hearing that she's crying all day makes me want to cry myself.
I have had 3 colicky babies in my care over all the yrs. of providing daycare. I finally had to terminate 2 of them, it was just too much for me, and it's not fair to all the other children in your daycare. I remember my BP was rising so high, with the last one, that I almost had to go on bedrest, because I was pregnant at the same time. Once I stopped providing daycare for that child, it was absolutely normal, and I delivered on time. Even the most patient daycare provider can only handle so much. If you have triend everything you can on your end, you will have to make a decision on you and your daycare. Is it worth it, all the stress? the stress on all the other children? Good luck and be strong!!!