View Single Post
Joyfulnoise 11:08 AM 04-18-2021
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I agree with you! My latest enrollments all made me think "autism" they are so delayed. Slowly they are catching up. Covid has forced kids into confinement so parents could work on top of the 'helicopter parenting'.
My daughter went for kindergarten round up last week & she was so excited!! All I've heard about lately is how long until she can go to school. However, she was sad & kept saying she didn't want to talk about once she came home. She finally told me that she felt like the kids were mean to her, & that a couple of the kids kept turning the lights on & off in the classroom. Apparently she asked several groups of kids if she could join their activities & they said no. And she colored a picture that another took from her & ripped. Now she's afraid to go to kindergarten. Our school system is typically very good about keeping things orderly & not allowing any kind of bullying so I am pretty surprised by the things she shared with me. I can't help wondering if covid has something to do with it. Seems like a lot of kids are lacking appropriate social skills. And the poor teachers are burnt out. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack a thread, but your comment made me think about that more...