View Single Post
RJD 06:03 PM 08-08-2009
I heard from a freind some disturbing news about a daycare center in Orlando, Fl called ?????? Daycare. I heard that the Director resigned from this daycare center because the owner refused to pay overtime to her workers. Also I was told that she often doesn't give the workers their paychecks when they normaly are supposed to receive them and sometimes there are no funds in the bank account of the owner to cover these paychecks. So the workers have to wait until the owner puts money in her account which causes the workers to have to wait until the following week to cash their checks. I was also told that the owner usualy terminates the workers after three months of employment in order to get out of paying unemployment compinsation.
I have heard that the owner tried to use the Directors credentials to open another daycare center in Orlando, even though the Director would not be working at the new center. The Director was instructed to lie to DCF should they inquire.
The last thing I heard was that the owner of this daycare refused the Directors offer of a two week notice and let her go rightaway. I was also told that the owner has yet to give the Director her final paycheck, she has been waiting three weeks for it.
I would be careful about using this daycare, sounds like some shady goings on here.
I would like to add that this is all hearsay from source that is not related to any party above.