View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:18 AM 12-04-2015
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
Unless it says in your contract that biting is considered an immediate termination and breach of contract (which I doubt it does) they still owe you the two weeks.
This is dependent on several details.

Does your handbook or policies state how you as the provider will deal with biting or aggressive behavior that causes physical harm to others? Any documentation in regards to how (detailed) being managed?

If not, the family may have been well within their rights to pull their child out of care regardless of WHO it was that bit their child. As a parent you couldn't make me continue bringing my child somewhere that he/she was not safe.

Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
I had a biter who just wouldn't learn (took like 4 months). This is how two years olds learn - so frustrating. It's just a part of life and withdrawing your child over it is silly imo. They probably can't afford it right now and are looking for excuses.
The biter isn't the one that should learn.... while biting IS not acceptable it IS normal for certain ages and they don't learn not to bite, they are taught alternate methods of getting what they need/want....it's the caregiver that needs to learn how to find that or how to teach that to each child.

Also terming because of biting isn't silly. Human bites can cause all sorts of other issues and not only that but are one of THE most painful types of bites a person can ever endure.

Being bit once is one thing...being bit multiple times and I'd pull my child out immediately and without notice.

SAFETY trumps all else.