View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:22 PM 11-19-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
It would to me because 9 times out of 10 when someone is unregistered it's when they're being hateful or trying to stir the pot. It's fine to have a different opinion, but there is no reason to hide about it.
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
If you read through the archives you will find numerous post identical to the one above by unregistered users. They bring back old posts (this one is from 2013!) and are unnecessarily rude, as in calling people greedy and entitled, stir the pot, then leave. It's very common. If you register with a name and want to have a discussion, this forum is excellent at having that discussion. But when you hide behind unregistered and make nasty comments, it's hard to take you seriously. In most cases, I would doubt they have anything to do with daycare and are just internet trolls. Not all, but a LOT!
Yep. The internet can be a place to hide behind bullying, stirring the pot, all kinds of negative things. That poster might very well be frustrated and have a different opinion BUT hiding behind the 'unregistered' name and and calling people 'who charge for enrollment not attendance' greedy, isn't exactly the way to go about expressing an opinion or helping with their frustration levels, is it?

I went years and years not expecting dcfs to pay whenever I had a holiday or a day off. I'd never taken extra time off but watched my dh have all kinds of PTO at work and do stuff with our kids. I was very burned out and tired, not to mention resentful and bitter. After reading and hearing from workshops that providers need PTO too, I changed my policies. I don't abuse it or take advantage of my dcfs and many times we end up with the same time off anyways.

And as everybody has said, make sure you read policies before signing a contract.