View Single Post
Blackcat31 02:55 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I appreciate everyone’s feedback! I had some similar thoughts, but was wanting to hear from people who had put them into action before and how exactly they were done, whether they were effective, etc. I will be trying some of the ideas tomorrow, so hopefully things start improving soon!

Thanks again!!

PS, our facility, being run out of a church, does not have to be “licensed” and thus we have even less leverage for making things less chaotic, unfortunately. I am not sure about the space laws in my state, but I know we have been over ratio before. The owner directs a licensed center and knows all of the regulations, but seems to prioritize numbers over quality of care, sadly. I’m beginning to think I might be better off to take my skill set elsewhere, but really love some of my children and my coworkers so am doing my best to make it work.
Being license exempt however doesn't excuse your director from having to follow state laws or be subject to liability should a child be lost or accidentally let out of the facility when the door is left open.

I agree with you in regards to taking your skill set elsewhere... it might be in your best interest as you could be held responsible if someone were hurt or lost on your watch. Regardless of who owns or operates the center.