Thread: Late Dad
View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:07 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
That's a great idea. I once had a family that consistently dropped off at 6:58 - my open time is 7:00. I figured if you can arrive consistently at 6:58 you can figure out how to arrive at 7:00. One day when they were coming late I took the kids for a walk, locked the doors, and was careful not to arrive home again until the exact time they said. They were standing there waiting for us.

Personally I don't mind late drop offs or early pick ups, except in the middle of nap. But I understand how they can be disruptive for some people.
That probably drives me more insane than anything.
I understand prompt and all and I appreciate it but for me since I don't live in my daycare it's one of THE most annoying things ever.

It makes me feel "pushed" and I don't like that.
I make coffee and prep for the day. Most times I don't even turn the lights on for fear they'll all swarm in like bugs to the blue light.

If I arrive earlier than normal for whatever reason I swear a couple of my families can sense it and they arrive early too. I have verbally stated (very clearly) and in newsletters that NO PARENT is to be on the property until their scheduled times.

Usually I get "Oh, I didn't realize it was so early" or "Oh wow...I guess traffic wasn't as bad as I thought" ...

Of course the kids always out the parent and says something like "Mom said we had to leave early today but you weren't here yet so we drove around the block"or "Dad is sleeping in so we had to come as soon as we got up" or they'll just outright ask "Why weren't you here? We came early today and the lights weren't on"

Mostly these early arrivals happen on Mondays. Can't imagine why.