View Single Post
Annalee 04:59 AM 12-02-2016
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
Who closes or delays when local schools close or delays for inclement weather?

I just recently made this policy. It went over well with 6 out of 7 parents. A few days ago we had a delay. We had tornados watches all night, flooding, trees down and high winds. It was the first time since making this policy.....and 3 kids showed up. I posted on my FB page a reminder and I also said that next time I will send out a text. That one mom....who argued when I first made the policy......wrote a comment....for just rain??????? Oh goodness! One dad had to have his truck towed because he drove through high water, 1 mom had to take an alternate route because of downed trees.....and a grandma also had to take an alternate route...the grandma is the mom of the complainer.

Anyway.....Although it's for their own safety....for me there is another reason why I implemented this policy,....I don't not want "spend the nighters", and I don't want just one kid to show up.

What is your policy? I know in this area most daycares have this policy.
For tornadoes, I follow the school. If school gets out, I immediately call the parents to pick up. I implemented this into my policy a couple years ago....Most parents were OK with it....