View Single Post
Annalee 10:31 AM 02-26-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
That is crazy. We have "Free" pre-k i guess but it is really hard to get into. Basically the low income families and the kids with learning disabilities get in first.There are 3 classrooms offered and around 18 kids in each classroom. That is not a lot of spaces for a town of 5,000. There is still somewhat a big need for daycare for pre-k ages. most parents here do not want to pay for private pre-k and a big portion want cheap/discounted daycare. I would love to do a pre-k program and curriculum but found it to not be of importance or valued.
Our teachers are currently on strike and a lot of parents are angry that they are being inconvenienced instead of looking at the bigger picture.
Here the income qualified come first but then they offer to anyone....When it first started, I had parents come in crying and blaming it on the opposite spouse.....Now I am like um...no....keep your tears and faults to yourself just give me my two week notice...You are making a choice YOU want to make...it's not that hard!