View Single Post
Annalee 05:38 PM 01-07-2016
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I just feel like I wont make enough money if I leave which is a huge issue since my hubby has a lot of medical issues and can't work much, he contributes but mine is the main source so this makes me feel stranded and stuck. I am thinking of taking classes but I just don't know what yet.
Sad to say but I have considered leaving FCC the last few months. I have been in child care since graduating high school over 30 years ago and owned my own FCC for over 20 years. But like you, I would not make the money I do now. My ECE degree would put me in Headstart (which I do not care for plus I would not make the money I make now) and a teachers aide position (make only half the money what I make now). I absolutely love the watching kids learn and grow, what makes them tick and what doesn't, if they are reaching their milestones, etc.... However, between QRIS, the new styles of parents, the state paperwork and changes, etc. have taken a toll on me.....I realize it is best all around for my family if I hang with child care, but I am so tired of feeling like an enforcer every day to someone that enters my program. It seems no matter how hard I try to alleviate issues, something will slip through the cracks and I think "where did that come from"...... Anyway, good luck in whatever you decide and I understand how you feel.