View Single Post
racemom 09:21 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
"Anyone can make their daycare space look good after hours, but without seeing it during regular hours how can you know the provider isn't just warehousing kids."

By discretely parking and watching your children play and interact on the playground. Most providers can tell you where the best viewing is that your child won't see you and get upset or stop participating. Some of us even have a nice bench in the shade set up.

The provider won't care if you are there unless you demand they stop their work day to give you their full attention. That is the problem. Disrupting kids learning and the providers' schedule.

Outside viewing, out of your childs sight, does not disrupt the flow and allows a more natural view of the relationship of your children to their peers and provider. That is what most parents really want to see, isn't it?

Why interrupt circle time, art, cooking, music, center time and nap? Obviously, the kids and provider will be upset. That is not a natural view of their day.
I agree this is ideal. Everyone seems to think OP was planning on hanging out with the kids. My understanding was during drop off or pick up she asked to see the daycare space and was told she needed to text 15 minutes ahead of time. Maybe I see thing differently then home providers, but why need 15 minutes heads up when the parent is standing right there. Why couldnt she go downstairs, quick look around and leave. Some of the comments are I can't leave the kids but she already had to come upstairs. If ahe thought the parent wanted to stay, she should have told her they needed a quick drop off, but she could have done it downstairs.

I still feel like the provider was hiding something and would not leave my child somewhere I was not allowed to come into.