Thread: Hating This....
View Single Post
broncomom1973 12:59 PM 03-01-2011
No, I dont offer infant care!!!! When I started daycare (2 years ago), I started out with my own kids who were 4, 1-1/2 and 5 months old. My first dcb was 12 mos and I had a 2 year old dcg and an 18 month dcg. About 2 months after I started, the 2 dcg's familys both moved away, so I ended up taking a 5 month old dcb. I then had 4 kids 18 months and under and my 4 year old. As these kids have grown older over the past 2 years, I have NOOOOOO desire to take on the 12 mos and under age ever again. I had a 2 month old start with me over a year ago and it was awful. The older he got, the worse it got. If I wasnt directly involved with him, he would scream. I couldnt keep him too close to the other kids at that point because they were 10 mos, 8 mos and 18 mos (all boys) and they didnt know the word gentle, lol. So, I tried to keep the 2 month old away from them as much as possible. As he got older (5-6 months), I would put him in the exercauser while I made lunch and he would just scream. If I was within 1-2 feet he was fine, but any further than that was a problem for him. I finally had to tell his mom that it wasnt fair to him, it wasnt fair to the other kids (who had to listen to the screaming) and it wasnt fair to me. He needed to be somewhere where he was given more attention than I was able to give. It was difficult trying to go outside if he was sleeping, if the others were sleeping, he was awake. It literally took him 40 minutes to take a bottle when he first came- and considering I fed him every 2-3 hours, that was a very large chunk of my day. I do much better with toddler age. We are all on the same schedule. I have two 3 year olds that do not nap, but they keep quiet and play together during naptime. I can communicate with them and they actually understand what I expect of them I do much better with toddler age.