Thread: MMK Questions
View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 09:53 AM 01-22-2014
Originally Posted by CrackerJacks:
OKay, so I'm trying MMK to see how I like it. But I have 2 questions.

1. Is there a way to enter my additional hours worked on a continuous basis. Basically, do I have to enter these hours EVERY DAY? I have the same routine day after day after day (1hr in the am before kids come, 1hr in the evening and a few on the weekends)....but I don't want to have to enter it EVERY DAY. I used to just keep track in a little planner for 2 months and then get an average and multiply by the number of weeks I was open for the year. There has to be a way...I'm hoping, fingers crossed.

2. I have a women who comes to clean my house weekly. She comes on Saturdays, or days when I'm closed. She is here for 5hrs total. She spends 2.5hrs cleaning my exclusive use space and 2.5hr cleaning my shared spaces. I pay her by check $100. HOW do I record her hours and the amount I pay her. Since $50 is 100% deductible and $50 is t/s% deductible?

Hope some expert MMK users have some ideas
#1. I use a planner to write down all of my business time spent when no kids are here and then at the end of the week I total up all of my time by categories like MMK lists (record keeping, cleaning etc) then at the end of the month I total them up again and enter them all at once for the whole month by category. This way I only have to enter them once a month.

#2 I don't think you can record her hours because its not you or your family cleaning, you hired someone else but I'm not sure. I think that's a question for Tom Copeland. As far as the cleaning bill I'm assuming that you would deduct the time/space percentage just like you would any other shared expense.