View Single Post
knoxmomof2 01:56 PM 06-11-2019
I haven't been asked any weird questions in a while. When I did, I was new so I answered them. I was asked what was behind certain doors in my home and did we own our rent. The dck proceeded to lead himself through my home and settle himself with a toy in my den at the back of the house (the opposite direction from the daycare space). The Mom had already moved the interview time back 3 times and my family was waiting on supper. What a mess....I would still probably answer the questions today, but would consider them red flags against working with the family.

I have no problem discussing my rate up front. They need to know that they're paying regardless of attendance and how much. If that's an issue, it won't work out. I've had someone try to haggle (that IS tacky IMO). I immediately shut that down.

The question that I find very common, yet odd, is what does your Husband do. I've never been able to figure out what that tells them. Like I would say "he's a drug dealer" or "he's an unemployed freeloader who plays Xbox all day", you know?! (He's not any of those, fyi... Lol) I've been asked what my Husband does more than I've been asked if I'm licensed or CPR certified. Go figure