View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:01 AM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I was wondering what sprinkler thread Nannyde was referring to in the other water play thread. I'm glad it was brought back up, I found it very enlightening and agreed with points from both sides of the fence.
I've spent years(33 now to be exact) trying to be the provider that all my dcps have wanted to bring their child to. Hmmm, maybe that explains the burn-out I've been attempting to avoid the past 25 years.

Nanny's right, if you're in this for the long haul, you need to make it work for you. The right dcps will find you because you'll love doing what you do and it will shine through.

Truthfully, every time someone mentions themes, teaching phonics, doing this, doing that, etc., etc., I'm thinking to myself wow, *I* should be doing all those things too. I get so down on myself for not being *the* perfect provider, thinking I must be screwing up bad somewhere. Do it this way. That way. Montessori. Reggio. Curriculum. It's enough to make my head spin.
But it was all summed up perfectly with 'do what works for you'. Been said a million times by all of us probably but I get it.
Tomorrow, I'm giving all my dcks cleaning rags, and putting my feet up.
And after that I'm going to fill up my water table outside.
That's awesome!!