View Single Post
MissLisa 11:54 PM 12-19-2008
I am a day care owner of two centers. IMO I do NOT think she should be paid for her sick time off. As you said; you must pay for other care during that time. I understand that illness isn't planned... but that is a risk both provider and parents must consider. In a center we are lucky that we have additional staff to cover if one person is off... so a parent still receives care... when in a home or a family member is watching them... if there is an emergency or illness you are stuck without anyone.

I actually think you are being generous for paying for her week vacation in the summer and the holidays. We don't close except for major holidays... and my parents are not paying. I may look at changing that in the future to give my staff a paid holiday... however... if a doctor's office closes due to illness...and I don't get to go to the appt. do I pay them?

Perfect example.....
TODAY... we had a MAJOR power outage throughout our county... state mandates if the power is NOT on within an hour we have to send everyone home and close. I will NOT charge my parents that were not there for the day because it was not their fault... it is just part of being fair...and a business owner...

As for the attitude. You don't deserve that from anyone. And if she is talking to you that way... would you not question how she responds to children that go against her?