View Single Post
Winker 07:14 PM 08-27-2018
I have two children I watch and mom brings each one into the house each morning separately. Other than her coming in with snow all over twice, it's not such a big deal. The pickup is more of a problem. Mom comes to the door and then proceeds to go out and buckle the child in, which seems to take forever and I am captive to sit and wait with the other one who is bundled up and antsy to go. For some reason I guess it just bugs me because I feel so done by that point and I have to just sit around twiddling my thumbs. At a center I would think you just have to drag them out and get in the car same as if you go grocery shopping. Because it is only those two that I watch, I have fealt that it was the least I could do when the 2 1/2 year old was much younger, but now that he is very sturdy and capable (he's a big kid) I just wish that both kids and the diaper bag would all go out the door at the same time.

When it's spring, summer or fall I try to be outside when she comes. That helps. Unless the two year old decides to run away on her at the last minute in which event I felt guilty for not hanging on to him and seeing it through (and then I'm annoyed when she leaves).

I think doing daycare in my home makes me feel like a captive audience (especially because I don't have a reason like other daycare kids to get back to).

Also, when the kids come in the morning the 2 1/2 year old more than likely is sleeping in his carseat and she brings him in and wants to hand this big heavy kid to me like he is an infant because he is asleep wrapped up in a blanket with no coat. He is tired I suppose because the parents don't get him to bed at night according to mom and she usually leaves my house at 5:00 and takes them to eat and to play in a fadt food indoor playland for several hours each night.