View Single Post
cheerfuldom 07:13 PM 09-23-2011
I have a 12 month old here that is SOOOO dramatic when mom hands her over to me. Screaming, kicking, acting out of control. DCM is really good about just handing her over and leaving but it is getting harder because this LO hangs on like a crazy monkey and I have to rip her out of her mom's arms. Today was especially bad. We did a quick transition at the door and mom walked away and I closed the door. DCG stopped right when the door closed and then I opened it real quick again and showed mom that DCG was already over the transition. I was glad she got first hand experience of this whole thing not being as bad as it sounded and I know the mom was shocked to see the girl completely calm literally 1 second later. Any other advice to tone down the drama at the door? She leaves just fine and is fine here besides crying when she goes down for nap. But I know the parents are really alarmed about the initial transitions and keep asking "are you sure she is doing okay here?" and that sort of thing. I think they are trying to trust me but having to fight against the instinct to grab their baby and run.