View Single Post
AmyLeigh 12:14 PM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by Angelwings36:
Dcm has a son who attends my daycare full time. Earlier this week dcm asked me if she could pick up dcb at 12:00pm on Friday as they would be going to the lake. She normally picks up at 4:15pm. I said yes. I was very much looking forward to a quieter afternoon on Friday, dcb is 15 months so a lot of work. Fast forward to this morning dcm comes in and says they will no longer be going to the lake on Friday so dcb will be here all day. OH NO!! I said sorry dcm but since you informed me that dcb would be picked up at 12:00pm on Friday I accepted another family for the afternoon so I can not take him past 12:00pm now. That was a lie but I really didn't want to tell dcm the truth that I was looking forward to a quieter afternoon on Friday. Dcm looks shocked and says, "well we don't have to pay for Friday then right?". ARGH! I get why she would ask. Technically dcb should have been here from 7:30am - 4:15pm on Friday but now because dcm changed her mind I would only be allowing dcb to be here from 7:30am - 12:00pm. But that's not my problem! I was available to take dcb for the full day originally and she was the one that said he would be gone by 12:00pm. I told her she wouldn't get a refund and to keep in mind for the future if she informs me dcb will not be there for a day or a portion of the day and then changes her mind later that she may not be able to use that space anymore. I know some of you would likely say to refund for the half day but I don't want dcm to think she can continue to do this AKA BOOK A DAY/HALF DAY OFF THEN CHANGE HER MIND AND WANT IT BACK.

What are everyone else's thoughts?
I don't know. I am more flexible, I guess. For one, she has already paid for her spot for the week. For another, you did not make plans for the afternoon, half of which I am assuming is nap time. Then, when her plans fell through and the schedule changed back to the original hours that she is contracted for, you lied to her because you just didn't want to take care of her child for 4 more hours. I can understand why she would be upset and ask for a refund. What I don't understand is why you can't care the little one for the whole day tomorrow afternoon.