Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Daycaremomma01 06:06 AM 05-01-2019
Ahhh!
I just wanna tell DCM “this is my contract, take it or leave it!”

Back story: I provide daycare for family. (Yes, I know, first mistake - when they term(and I know they will sooner than later) I won’t take on any more family, period.
After some issues with one family (three kids, my biggest income) and posting here, I decided to make a contract. Let parents know last week that it would be coming home Monday (sent with parents at drop off this Monday morning).
This particular dcm texted asking if we could talk about it at pick up, she had some questions, wanted to make sure she understood what a couple things meant.
Literally questioned everything -“what do you mean by ‘my house rules apply at drop off and pick up?” “so I can’t give Tylenol and then bring to you?” “So if I’m late, you’re charging me more?” “One drop/pick up? So I can’t drop the baby off and hubby bring the boys later?” “So these days you can’t keep them? What if I don’t have time to take off?”(all major holidays and one week for a previously planned vaca before she asked me to keep her kids) “well dcb1 has a sensitive gag reflex, if he throws up because if that do I have to pick up?” “DCKs have allergies, I can’t call in every time one has a runny nose or gets sick...”
And then this morning She had the nerve to ask for a family or a sibling discount (when I’m beating anyone arounds Prices by $5-15/child/day, if not more!) because there will be weeks in the summer where she will be paying me $300/week for 3 kids!

I just wanna yell at her!
Thanks for letting me vent. Shew.