View Single Post
melissa ann 09:33 AM 10-15-2009
Quoted by fomer teacher
When I started my daycare life back in 1991, a child in my center was potty trained by 2 -2 1/2 years old the latest. I have mixed feelings on this subject matter. However I also believe parents nowadays that are lazy just push the potty training to the caregiver, and never followup at home. Now you are lucky you get a child trained by 3 years old.

My daughter was almost 3 when she was potty trained. She was 2 1/2 when I had a baby. She was going to the bathroom occasionally at 2 1/2 but once the baby came that went out the window. About 2 months before she turned 3 she was going to the bathroom. My son is 2 1/2 now, and he has no interest in the potty. When we are home, I have him w/out a diaper but he will hold it for several hours until I put a diaper back on. Ihave a little potty downstairs for him and we watch a learning to use the potty video.

I have a 2 1/2 yr old dcg who right after she turned 2 has been in underwear and always uses the bathroom. Even during nap time she stays dry.
Now, we know how her almost 4 yr old cousin is doing. Not good at all. People have told me that it's easier getting girls to use the potty then boys. I don't know. Any pointers for my son would be very welcomed. He's in size 6 diapers and they are a tad small for him. He's a big boy. Weighing in at 10 lbs 12 oz at birth and is over 30 lbs now.