View Single Post
morgan24 08:33 AM 11-22-2013
Originally Posted by gracepatiencelove:
I just got on the food program and I'm just not liking it.

I've been reading a lot about milk and so have my DCP. We all agree on whole milk being the safest choice.... Food program lady calls and says no. Don't do that. I serve pomegranates and they're not on the claiming list... she says, don't serve.

I do not like being told to serve certain things. I'm not happy with this program. I am running a very small in home care program and I have been told/read in my handbook for food program... no wild caught food.... no home grown food.... you must do this this this... etc.

Am I the only person who thinks it is not worth it? I'm about to quit and raise prices or ask for some things to be provided... idk.
I checked on my food program and we are allowed to serve pomegranates. I thought that the food program was federally funded and the requirements are the same everywhere. The milk requirement is the same as yours, I think they are nuts if they think that changing milk requirements to skim, 1/2 or 1% is going to help combat childhood obesity. We are allowed wild game as long as it's usda certified. I question staying on the food program because of some of the rule changes.