View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:19 PM 01-11-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hello,

I'm curious to hear opinions regarding a new policy in place at my childcare center. Parent are not allowed to enter the space because 'it stresses the children'.

Parents are asked to wait outside the door and the teacher meets and takes the child and belongings. This seems offputting.

Do you have any reaction to this? Ideas on how to start a conversation with the director about this?
Although the center may have implemented this new rule, most states do have an "open door policy" meaning you can pick your child up at ANY time and they cannot deny you access to your child.

Open door policy does NOT mean you can simply show up, hang out and then leave again, it just means they cannot deny you access to YOUR child at ANY time during the day.

If you are concerned about anything going on, I'd show up at a random time and pick my child up.

Doing that won't give you access to the classroom but you can still use the element of surprise when retrieving your child from care.

I do agree with PP's though that have said to have a discussion with the Director and find out why the rule was put in place.