View Single Post
Abigail 11:39 PM 03-06-2011
I had to teach my husband to do laundry before we got married.

We have three laundry baskets total and this is because it's how we learned it as children. I started doing my own laundry when I was in second or third grade, I was young that is all I remember. I use to be scared of falling into the washer and drowning! LOL....back when all our laundry soap was powder too, don't miss it at all!

We have a WHITES, DARKS, and TOWELS basket. Self-explanatory. The rule we use to forget to follow was EMPTY YOUR POCKETS!! I still forget a piece of gum and my husband forgets his work stuff in his pockets and pens...lots has been thrown away but luckily nothing has stained the washer/dryer.

As kids we had weekly chores posted and we earned so much per item we did. Garbage, dishes, laundry, make bed, etc. My parents found they were giving us $1+/day on average and between three kids they couldn't afford it. We grew up on food stamps. They soon change it to $2-$3/week depending on our age and we had to complete ALL of our chores for the entire week or we didn't see a dime.

Good luck and hope something works, you should be able to get around having a cleaning lady for your own family. You should feel great about having one for your daycare space 100% deductible and shouldn't cost too much to do deep cleaning for you or whatever you choose!