View Single Post
mamamanda 09:50 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by Michelle:
I just look at it like this, Would I put a bottle in my OWN new born babies mouth knowing it had another woman's breast milk in it? or in the mouth of an 8 month old that just got diagnosed with strep throat or some other
illness?
The 2 R.N.'s that I have would boil their babies bottles and bottled water, send the bottles,nipples etc. in sterile bags every day. I have had their kids since they were born and they LOVE it that I take germs so seriously.
Because they are in the medical field, they see the things that could happen to little ones. I know that when kids get older they all share the same toys but what I'm talking about is young babies that need to be protected.
Just to add my thoughts...Do you serve guests in your home from your kitchen glasses? Once you've washed them, do you consider them clean again? If so, I don't see that as any different than serving a baby from a clean, but previously used bottle. I will say though I admire your commitment to cleanliness & excellence! I love how we're all different, but at the end of the day we're all working toward the same goal...caring well for the children that are entrusted to us.