View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:40 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by PMB:
Hello I am curious how you all feel about paying $8 dollars or more a month for using the accounting portion of KK? I feel they have a monopoly on all providers who are using it for their food programs. They pretty much have all of Minnesota and I am sure many other states. My switch from MM to KK was a disaster and it has taken a year to get some things fixed. Now they are telling providers if you do not pay for the accounting portion you lose all access to it! I thought a provider was to keep at least 3 years 3 months of records. Since the program has been a nightmare for so many what are they doing with the money. How many providers use the program?
Print your records out and save them.
Access to online storage will not be allowed if you don't pay the monthly fee but there is nothing that stops us from printing out our tax info and saving it for however many years you need to.

I am in MN too and I don't really see any of this as a big deal (other than KidKare is a PITA right now...). I feel lucky that our food programs (I've been with 2 different ones since I first opened) have paid for the accounting portion of MMK in the first place as I've heard of alot of providers that never got that perk from their food program agencies.

I plan on looking deeper into Quickbook and if I don't like it or feel it doesn't meet my needs, then I'll happily pay $8 a month (tax deductible) for access to Kid Kare just so long as the program continues to improve. As awful as it is right now, I can't imagine it could get worse...