Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
storybookending 03:47 PM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by Miss A:
I just do not understand why there aren't more clinics in rural areas that offer extended hours.
Because the doctors themselves don’t want to work “off hours”. They feel entitled to work when they want because of their status and typically early mornings and late nights are not what they want.

I turned 26 this year and fell off my parents’ insurance policy. I wanted to get all my appointments in the month of so before my birthday. I LOVE my primary care doctor but she only works something ridiculous like Tu-Th 10-2. The local dentist office that my insurance covers is only open typical hours. The eye doctors only work late one evening a week and the appointments are booked at least 3 months out and I called too late. I am fortunate to have family around and was able to schedule my appointments for times after the children were all down for nap and my grandma sat with them.

I am a pretty healthy person so far. I only see my primary care doctor once every 18 months or so and only because they won’t let her renew my prescriptions without an office visit I see the eye doctor once every 3ish years and I no longer have dental insurance under my own policy so I’m just hoping nothing bad happens and I don’t have to deal with the craziness that comes with scheduling an appointment and arranging for my grandma to come and all of that. I don’t know how some of you do it that have more than one appointment a year plus kids to take and all that!