View Single Post
nannyde 05:03 PM 02-21-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistere:
Just a little more information...

There was no talking on the side of the DM in this situation. She walked in with an upset look on her face and immediately said she wanted the deposit refunded in cash and when I reminded her of what we agreed upon in the initial interview regarding deposits she immediately started yelling. She was yelling to the point that my neighbor next door heard her and asked me about it later that day. I did not raise my voice at any point but there was no reasoning with this mom and there was certaintly no "let's talk about it later." It was 100% clear that she wanted it dealt with at the exact point in time. The only way that I could end things that day was to tell her I would not be providing services for her daughter THAT DAY and walk away. Once I walked away she left.

I do not think a judge would think I was the one who would have been putting HER child in harms way that day when it HER that was yelling at me (infront of her child and the other daycare children in my care).

I believe I made the best decision for everyone involved that day. For the other children that I had in my care who certaintly do not need to be witnessing something like that...for her own child that she was yelling infront of and for my own mental health.
So you are saying she asked you to give her 800 dollars cash that morning? How would she even think you had that much cash in your house?

Why didn't you offer her a contract? I still don't understand how you could have her in your home for five months and not abide by what you said when you verbally agreed. Didn't you verbally agree to offer her a contract? Why her? Why do you have everyone else on contract but her?