Thread: Nothing New :(
View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 04:12 PM 11-11-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I need to clarify, I do take a handful of paid holidays. But I haven't taken any time off besides those for a couple years. I'm also doing the countdown till Thanksgiving.
Omg C2C, I couldn't do that! I don't know how you can not be burned out? Truly, what is your secret?
I don't think I have a secret? I've always been way too over the top when it comes to work.

Before I had kids, I worked 100 hours a week. Because I loved it. Had nothing to do with the money.

Also, what helps, is that my kids really do LOVE the daycare. Seriously. If I get a day off, my kids are actually upset their friends won't be here lol.

Honestly though, if my kids didn't love it so much, I'd probably take a lot more days off.

My husband works out of state so he is only home a week or so a month, sometimes he's gone for months at a time.

So, I don't really have a secret. I just know it works for me.

Also, what helps is that I'm much happier working afternoons. Yes, on Mondays I have my two young ones here for 12 hours when mom works a double. But I love having my morning times after my two go to school to myself. So I do get a break sort of.

My kids still play sports and have the same activities other kids have. My daughter is signed up to run two mini marathons. And basketball for both kids. And softball and baseball and scouts lol.