View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:05 AM 02-25-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:

Sounds like the same crazy that visited me! I'm SHOCKED at the attitudes! Do they really think they're going to convince anyone of anything that way???!!!!

I heard the same thing about them having something to do with the star rating. That because they weren't able to unionize the state a couple of years ago now they're trying to gain more control using that avenue?

It's INSANE how awfully pushy and nasty they are to the people they are saying they're trying to help....

Do you know BC, if they are successful in unionizing MN will it likely be statewide? County wide? Will participation be mandatory?? I'm terrified of having to deal with them on a forced basis!!!!!
From what little info I do know, the union will be voluntary.

However, if you accept families who use state child care assistance, participation will be autmatic as the dues will come out of the payment you receive for those families.

I also KNOW that there will be tax incentives for families who choose to use a provider who is star rated. I have heard the incentive for families on CCAP will be a huge push to choose ONLY providers who are star rated, thus making your participation in unionzation something completely unavoidable because you are serving families on CCAP.....see how that all ties nicely together?!?

Even with the use of word voluntary.

Same with the star rating system. You do not HAVE to participate but if there are incentives for families to use programs that are participating, then you can see which providers potential clients are going to choose....so again, see how this is headed?

I have heard that if the unionization does get passed, it WILL be statewide as Parent Aware and CCAP are all done on a state level with each county/area being handled by individuals...but those workers all report to someone who works on a state level.