View Single Post
Lucy 05:37 PM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by snbauser:
Here our star ratings are listed on the child care website and are right on our license that we have to have posted. Our stars also can determine whether we can get any type of grants. Our state assistance reimbursment rate is based on your star rating and you can't get reimbursement if you aren't at least 3 stars.
I just think that's a bunch of b.s. (Not you... the state ruling about it!) Since when is "just babysitting", which is what I consider myself to do and am perfectly happy with, a job that requires me to take hours and hours and hours of classes and get piles of certifications? I took recognizing and reporting child abuse and neglect. I took infant and child CPR and first aid, I get inspected every other year. Is that not enough?

Kudos to anyone who really WANTS their job to be one where they achieve higher levels of education. I have absolutely NO problem with that. I just choose to be a "dummy" and provide safe, reliable, loving, caring "babysitting". I don't need a government grading me and telling parents that my neighbor on the next block is somehow better than me because she has a flippin' star on her license. Call me an under-achiever... I'm fine with it!

Sorry to sound so negative about this, but -- well, I AM!!