View Single Post
Cat Herder 11:12 AM 02-27-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Like a pp, if I don't respond QUICKLY, I get

?

?

*repeated text*

If I don't respond at ALL, I get ^ plus the phone calls start! It's driving me INSANE! It wasn't so bad before, and it didn't bother me if I got a text when a parent forgot their take home sheet and said "Sorry to bother you, forgot dcb's sheet, he is cranky this evening, did he nap ok for you?" and I could respond with "Looked at sheet, 1:00-1:45 only." and the dcp would say "Thank you, have a nice evening!" but I have some pretty high needs dcp's at the moment.

I really think my ONLY option to really solve it once and for all, is to get a separate cell for daycare use ONLY and then TURN IT OFF.
Can you just refer family and friends to another number after hours for a while?

My family knows if I am not responding after closing or on weekends that they should send DH a text. The text usually goes to the effect of "I guess *** has another drama mama. Have her give me a call when she can... lol"

It won't take too long. I only have to go back to it when I enroll new families for a bit. Now, I give my own family a heads up text when I have a clinger and take the phones off the hook....

Even my kids teachers laugh about it. It happens to them, too, believe it or not...