View Single Post
daycarediva 10:15 AM 05-05-2016
Originally Posted by Rudy's Rascals:
I only have a contract right now, but Im starting to see the importance of a handbook. My theory going into daycare was that I wanted to make everything as simple as possible, not be so strict on the rules like most daycares. I'm a mom of 2 boys, and can remember taking my boys to daycare and dealing with all the crazy policies these daycares had.... I NOW UNDERSTAND WHY THESE POLICIES ARE IN PLACE! It makes so much sense. Its unfortunate that we have to be strict on our rules, but I now see why...
For every policy in my handbook, there was a ridiculous parent and a story behind it.

Originally Posted by NightOwl:
You used Square, so you needed her signature as an authorization for the transaction, right? I think that signature is all you need as proof that she authorized the transaction. The bank won't get involved in the whys and hows of it, just whether it was authorized by her.

I had a DCP recently try to get a refund for her final two week payment when she found other care and wasn't going to be using the last (1) week.

Square contacted me that I had a disputed transaction. I gave them details. She swiped her card and signed. Her card was not stolen. She had admitted to the cc company of using it since that transaction. It was dismissed.

Square told me that IF she had claimed it was stolen- she could have it refunded, but it would look unusual to have a charge show up at a small family child care, and especially one that she had previously used so IF she had claimed stolen card, she would have most likely been investigated for fraud.