View Single Post
dreamer 07:54 AM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I know you are simply venting but that statement (bolded) is really condescending and rude towards other providers; specifically any of the providers that advised you to terminate care.

[...]

I understand venting and I understand feeling frustration in this business but IMHO, your post came across as such but at the expense of other providers or those of us that may have given you advice in the past that you aren't happy with (and again, we all have choices) and that isn't fair.

If YOU choose to take on these families (for personal fulfillment or for the paycheck or both) that choice is YOURS (your family's/significant other's) and you earn the right to vent about it too.....but don't make other providers that gave you advice to term or to not deal with it out to be the bad guys.
What BlackCat31 said made perfect sense. I agree with it. Other people said similar things as well, so it's unfair to target one person...

You are being rude, and people are only trying to help you. It's fine to vent, but if you are not accepting any advice you should say so. If you do want people to help you, you might try not being so arrogant as to say no one would take on the kids you took on, no one understands hardship, we all have great comfortable lives unlike you. You won't be able to do better until you stop feeling sorry for yourself and look realistically at what you can and need to do to make things better. You DO have choices, even if they're hard choices to make.

How about reaching out to family for help? At least asking them for advise?
Could it be that the kids you took on, that "no one else would take", are giving your daycare a bad name, lowering interest?
What if you rebranded your daycare to try and garner interest? Can you provide anything unique?
You are strapped for time to go out-- that doesn't mean there is NO time. Find some time and meet some people. Find some time to print flyers and post them, at least. Maybe look into how other people advertise.