View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:52 AM 06-21-2017
Originally Posted by proudmommyofthree:
I have a legal question. A former client of mine, text me and told me her current provider gave her a 30 day notice yesterday. After her child told the provider "my mom says if you don't take us to the pool she's pulling us out" so the provider gave her notice. Today the client decides not to take the kids . Now the provider sends a text saying she is going to take her to court because the client needs to pay the full 30 days. I asked her to send me the contract. The contract states that the parents must sign a written letter giving 30 day notice to provider paid. But the provider terminated first. Nothing on the contract states the parents must pay if the provider terminates first. So can the provider send her to court? TIA
I think if the provider is willing to provide care for the 30 days the parent HAS to pay. I'd fight it if I were the parent and the provider refused to provide the services but then again if the contract says the parent has to pay (while wearing a unicorn costume and standing on one leg) and the parent signed it, then the parent is legally obligated to pay.

Personally, I think it's highly unprofessional to term a family because of a child saying something like that and I think it's just as unprofessional to term when a providers gets a hint or clue the parent is seeking out or searching for other care...... When providers allow the business part of this to become personal, they ultimate harm themselves.