View Single Post
beachgrl 08:02 AM 09-07-2011
I was having a similar issue w a family. Mom and dad both take turns dropping off butmbecame primarily dad who would drop off later. I would be up 7:30 ready to go and be downstairs unable tomgo up in cacse they show up, I wouldn't hear them. One day he waited until 11 to call and say he got busy it'd be at least another hour so he just wouldn't mess with it then so I ended up out that days pay. Last I heard he started complaining about late fees and couldn't i extend my hours by 30 min in the evenings bc they are having issues w lateness and late fees...haven't heard from them in a few days bc dck was sick and they owe some late fees, then this am he calls and leaves a msg to see if I can keep the dck Tom and Friday. Ugh, I dread the convomi have to have but I guess now is time to start establishing a backbone. No pay late fees, kid non stay. I need to know WHEN you will be coming in the am, I am not extending my hours..etc

I would just stress how important it is to communicate to you when dropmoff will be or put them on contracted hours if you want them to be consistent. I don't mind a bit if dad brings the dck later, I just want to have a general of idea when he will actually bring him!